Neat Thought



"Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I loved that quote when I came across it in the paper this morning.
It stirred something in me. What do I create?
I blog, I cook, I study, I walk but really my life is a little short on creation. Or is it?
I have trouble believing sometimes that I am creative but then it occurred to me this morning:
my sense of humour, my ability to make people feel at ease, to smooth out uncomfortable social situations... these are skills that I am proud of, skills which require creativity. 

What a nice sentiment: thinking of one's life as their canvas. Friendship, admiration, conflict, sex, confusion, love, obsession, respect... are all colours on our colour wheel.
I don't need to paint or write or 'create' to be an artist.
Life is beautiful and it is our greatest work of art. We are always creating.
Neat thought, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...