a young lady in Paris

In short: worked all summer, had no appetite to blog, sorry... but I'm back now and here to stay (hopefully). I have to say I am amazed at how fulfilling blogging can be when you use it as a creative outlet. I feel like an integral part of me was forgotten, my voice. Trite? Maybe. On the mark? Indeed.
Moving on. I am going to Aix-en-Provence, Paris and London for two weeks in November! I'm as high as a kite about it. Aix we all know I love. London, well I haven't established myself as an Anglophile in this forum but well here it is: I'm a little nutty for London. Surprisingly, I'm most excited about Paris! In hindsight I realize I've never really had any time in Paris to myself. Every single time I've been I've had family or friends with whom to compromise. Not this time! Or well, minimally I suppose. I will be there for 6 nights and 3 of which will be occupied with friends that will meet me in Paris for an overdue reunion (I think it's been 3 years?), for which I'm extremely grateful and feverishly excited! All to say, I have three days to myself... and what are my plans, you might ask? WELL!

I plan to spend a morning getting lost in the Marché aux Puces de Clignancourt... an afternoon picnic-ing and reading with the view of the Eiffel Tower... L'Orangerie... dining at Bistrot Victoires for a succulent classic Bistro meal... indulging in high tea at Ladurée... and last but definitely not in any sense the least: Versailles.

Jealous? You should be. Jokes! I'll be sending you all lovely, decadent, luxurious vibes while I'm basking in the grandness of it all. Don't be fooled though, I'm going quite budget. Hostels, Ryanair and the like... so let's hope I can afford it all!

Here's a little vignette of my most recent visit to Aix. Charmant, non? Bonne nuit à vous tous...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...