Green Pea Soup

Good day! So, as I said last time, I'm no chef. Anything culinary I post here is really me learning how to cook. I'm always on the look-out for easy recipes that are healthy(-ish) and when I'm happy with the results, I like to share what I've learned. So here we go. 

{Green Pea Soup}


 Ingredients:

4 cups (1 lb/500g) of frozen peas
1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream ~ I used Half & Half
Salt & pepper
Grated Parmesan (optional ~ for serving)
Chopped fresh mint leaves


Directions:

Bring 1 and a 1/2 cups of water to a boil. Pinch of salt. Add peas to boiling water. Bring back to boil. Cover. Cook until soft. (10 Minutes, about.)



Blend to a purée. (Say hello to Buddha.) Strain into a clean saucepan. Stir in the cream. Reheat. Serve with chopped mint (very important), parmesan, and buttered toast.


So here it is. It's delicious, it's rich and with the mint it's down right delectable. Does this not look like a perfect spring lunch?


Recipe from here.

2 comments:

  1. i am also learning how to cook, or let' say i am learning new (easy) recipes. so thank you for sharing this one. love the pictures from your kitchen as well!

    best wishes,
    edie
    www.chocolatesandmartinis.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love to cook and made a split pea soup this winter with yellow peas. it was delish but my specialty soup has to be butternut squash in the fall. i just found your blog and love it!
    check me out if you wish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...