I Love...

Traveling! I'm in an airport right now, that's how much I love traveling! Here are some places that I love to visit.

{The South}


{New Orleans}

I have gone one two road trips through 'The South'. First I went down the Atlantic coast all the way to Charleston and Savannah, which really are some of the most beautiful places I've ever had the privilege to visit. On another road trip I went a little more mainland through Kentucky, Tennesse, then down to NOLA and Mississippi. I drove alone, something I like to do, and then I would meet up with friends, friends of friends or strangers who later became friends. I love that about the South. I feel like everyone there is maybe the nicest person I've ever met. I also find they're all gifted with an old-school wisdom, with great one-liners that remind you of a traditional, older way of life. I will always love the South and dream of going back. 


{Texas}


I have family in Texas so I've been going often since I was a kid. It's always a bit of a surprise to be in the Big Red State, to see how differences in ideologies can change a way of life. It also reminds me how small our world is and how easily we stereotype. Always a good lesson to be learned.


{Italy}


Italy is my home away from home, having lived there for three years. I love both the South and the North equally and cherish so many fond memories exploring both. The friends I made in that era will always be some of my closest friends... I miss them so much! Also miss the food, the wine, the scenery and the people (even though they were GOLD at pushing my buttons).


{France}


There was a period where I was lucky enough to live in Aix-en-Provence. (I know, I'm a lucky duck!) It was such a momentous time, I really made a shift as a consumer. I was so broke and it was such an expensive place to live, I was forced to learn how to luxuriate in all the gloriousness that is France, on a very strict budget. I am now such a fan of markets, and I try to shop for fresh fruits and veggies every other day... but it's never quite the same, understandably. The French, I think, have the highest standards of quality when it comes to food. Oh, crème brulée, filet mignon à la bordelaise, and just a regular old baguette with cheese and meats really are just the way I want to live my life. Everyday. *sigh*


1 comment:

  1. You just bit me with the travel bug and now I'm dying to hop on a plane and go somewhere!!! Italy is calling me...
    www.SproutThroughConcrete.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...