I love Drew Barrymore


Drew Barrymore.
Ah, she was once a pure little girl who believed a rubber robotic Extra Terrestrial was the greatest friend she would ever have only to discover friends can often be alien. She was labelled a drunk by 11 and a self-proclaimed cocaine addict by 13. Exploited by her mother as a ticket to Studio 54, she was in and out of rehab at 13 and 14. She moved in with David Crosby from The Byrds and Crosby, Stills and Nash where the believe-it-or-not sober environment would steer her aright, which ultimately led to her emancipation. Yes, that's right. She divorced her parents... something I lay awake pondering... and dreaming of but never having the guts to... carry out.
Yes, there were years where she thought the only way to be loved/adored was to take her clothes off, but haven't we all done that in some form or another? The point is this: SHE CAME OUT ON TOP! She has a production company that produces very happy-go-lucky films that aim to put a smile on your face. A worthy cause, I think. She just came out with her directorial debut, Whip It, and she is looking better than ever. She looks the happiest she's ever been and most comfortable in her own skin. She's reclaimed her youth and is as jovial as she would have been in those tumultuous years sans tumult. She has sprightly enthusiasm that is aspirational.

Some Drew quotes:

"Life can be dangerous! I feel like I'm no one to advise anyone. Who am I to say a word to anyone, and yet all I know is if you're just true to yourself and don't pretend to be perfect and embrace your flaws! Have as much fun as you can and BET ON YOURSELF!!! All the time... say I can do this and take the risk!
Believe in yourself."

"I just want to be funny and silly all at the same time."

"You have to look at yourself and say what is not working? What is? What kind of person do I want to be? What do I really care about? I love philanthropy. I love my friends. I love to travel. I love what I do and work but how can I take my creativity higher? How can I try new things? How can I reprioritize my life? and start flossing!"

She has a great head on her shoulders. Point finale. Je l'aime.

All quotes from David Letterman shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...